Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fireworks

It's that time of year again - county fair time. No, I haven't been to the fair yet. I usually go on the afternoon of the first Saturday, mostly to check out the exhibits - photos and baked goods as I know people who enter something in these categories. But this Saturday was a violin recital for Sidran, yet another of the church kids. Not quite a kid any more as she is a sophomore at U of Oregon, but she was just a freshman in high school when she joined the choir. How time flies. Any ways, on Friday evening I went to the pier to take some pics of the fireworks show. This is one of my favorites. I may go back another evening to take more pictures, now that I have some idea how the pics will come out.

Speaking of fireworks, the Dodgers added some pop to their lineup on Friday. They acquired Manny Ramirez from the Boston Red Sox in a three team deal, and all they had to give up was Andy Laroche, a one time can't miss prospect in their farm system but has turned out to be a can't hit, plus another minor leaguer to Pittsburgh. To make the deal even sweeter, the Red Sox are paying the remainder of his $7 million salary for this year. Manny becomes a free agent the end of the year, so we'll see what happens at the end of the year. Until then we will just enjoy his bat. His first 3 games with the Dodgers, he has 8 hits in 13 AB, 2 homeruns and 5 RBIs. Not bad at all.

No comments: