Sunday, November 18, 2007

Yep, the weekend is over ....

OK, so it’s the end of another weekend. Since it was a payday Friday, we had that day off making it a 3 day weekend. Not that I do much during any weekend, much less a 3 day weekend, but it was still a good one. Did a few things which I enjoy plus tried something new. My friend and co-worker Lisa introduced me to Dream Dinners, where you go to this place where they have all the ingredients with which to prepare meals, package it up in Ziploc bags, take it home and cook it (or freeze it until you’re ready to cook it). Each meal has about 6 servings but I tried the first meal and it’s about 4 servings for me – and that was with me being good and not gorging myself. So I went on Friday and tried the introductory deal where I made 3 meals – usually you have to purchase at least 6 meals. Yeah, I’ll be back again next month. Cooking made easy. Who knew?



Saturday night, went down to Westwood to watch a volleyball match between UCLA and Washington. As tradition goes, we parked next to Pauley and walked to Westwood to grab some dinner, this time we had dinner at Ami Sushi – sushi is always good and this was very good sushi. And when in Westwood, one must stop by Diddy Riese and pick up a cookie or twelve. They are the best cookies ever and they are cheap. 35 cents each, a dozen for $3.75, but they are worth every penny and then some!!! OK, finally walk back to Pauley to watch the match. Washington outclassed the home team unfortunately, but I was able to take a few cool pictures. This is the best one I got. Dang, these girls can jump.

Today was a mostly foggy day, weather-wise not personally. Walked over to Javalu’s for a nice cup of Hawaiian Hazelnut – figured that if I can get a little bit of exercise in, I can reward myself with some good coffee. Then I did what most American men do on a Sunday during fall, and that is watch some football on the boob tube. I did make it to Mass in the morning for myself, and then again in the afternoon to sing with the youth choir. It has been a challenge singing with the choir as we are down to a few teens. We have way too many adults with the youth choir and not enough youth. Hopefully we’ll get some more to join us as the year progresses. OK, that’s it for my weekend. Nuthin’ too sensational but it was still good.

No comments: