Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Holy cow, it's cold ......

OK, so it's not like it's snowing outside or the temps below freezing, but I had a water aerobics class tonight. With the Santa Anas picking up again, it made it a little uncomfortable out there in the pool. With an air temp of about 60 and a breeze strong enough to cause fair-sized ripples on the pool (when no one was in the pool!!), it was quite chilly. But I made it through class, and then had to walk on the cold concrete to get to my towel and my flip-flops. That caused my heart pumping even though we had a good cool down. On the way home I just thought of warm things. So I stopped by this Chinese restaurant and ordered war wonton soup. Boy that felt good. Now after a nice hot shower, I got my robe on so it's all comfy and warm again. A little tired but not too sore.

This was the second day of class for me, and hopefully I can keep going to it. Today and Monday was challenging still as I am still in such sad shape, but with encouragement from people (and I'll take prayers too) I can do it. Was given a bit of a hard time by the twin yesterday as I told her that I wasn't going to try the deep water running class. Yeah,me who is not in shape in general, and not a good swimmer will venture out to the deep part of the pool and try to stay balanced well enough to "run in water". She even called me a wuss!!! But I told her that I donated blood yesterday and should take it somewhat easy, so she changed her tune and called me a hero. Yes, you too can be a hero by donating blood.

Speaking of donating blood and giving hard times, Lisa at work, who is one of the blood buddies who try to donate whenever the bloodmobile is at work, was questioning why I decided to donate yesterday instead of today - the blood drive at work was today. I told her that I'd rather donate on Tuesday so I can have enough time to do whatever recuperation between giving blood and the water aerobics class. She kept telling me that I had plenty of time in between the planned 9 am donation time and the 530 pm class. I kept telling her that she is overestimating what kind of shape I was in and that I needed a little more time than that. After a few minutes of spirited discussions - it was all good as she is a good friend of mine - she agreed that regardless of what I did or my reasons for doing them, I was doing something good for someone by donating and also doing something good for me by going to water aerobics.

No comments: