OK, so it’s the start of another year. Some take this opportunity to start anew, and forget the past. Me, well, I like the start over portion although I don’t want to forget the past. This past year was full of many wonderful things, but there were also some things that fall way short of the wonderful level. I try not to dwell on these things, although I do tend to reminisce the good times. But to start this year off I was able to go to Mass today. What better way to start a year than to start it with God.
At Mass today one Scripture passage stood out to me as being appropriate for today, when there are many things in life that tell us to start over or concentrate on the new things. Hebrews 13:9 reminds us that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.“ At work, I share Scripture passages on a daily basis (or as close to it as we can) with my friend Lisa ad we call it the Quote for the Day, and if we were at work today I would use this as the quote for the day. What a great reminder that Jesus will not change no matter how the world around us may change. So on the day when we celebrate a new year, it is good to know something (or in this case, someone) familiar is still with me. So Happy New Year to all. May 2008 be a most wonderful one, and may it be full of blessings that come from God who is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment