Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back home

Well, I am back in sunny Ventura, having completed the reason why I went to Kauai. As much as I want to be on the Garden Island, it is great to go home too. Monday was my busiest work day, and it involved shooting lots of these. This particular one was actually launched last week but it's the only one with a picture on the Navy website. Lots of missiles launched, a few didn't work but most found its targets and made for great video. And the best part, it was all done safely. The ones that didn't work fell harmlessly into the water, along the intended flight path. So I didn't get to terminate anything intentionally.

The rest of this week I decided to play hooky - it is my birthday week and I decided to not go to work. Heading down to Norwalk to hang out with the DVs tonight, before heading to Phoenix for the weekend. Why Phoenix? Well, my Dodgers are there trying to take first place away from the Diamondbacks, so Ronnie and I are gonna cheer for the boys in blue. Thank goodness they are playing in an indoor stadium - at least one where the roof will be closed. Friday is supposed to be Fireworks night, so I guess they will open the roof for that. Expected temps in the Phoenix area - high above 105 and lows in the mid 80s. Oh well, it will be fun still.

No comments: