OK, so Kauai is safe once again, and I did my part to make it so. No, really, I could have pushed a button to blow this thing up had it made a sudden turn back over land. Fortunately for all concerned, myself included, the thing flew as planned. So now I am back on the mainland and I guess I brought the rain back with me. It was raining fairly hard on the east end of Kauai while I was there and tonight it is pouring pretty hard here in Ventura. Supposed to rain like this for another day or so. We need a lot of water out here but hopefully all this rain won't bring about much landslides, especially the hillsides that burned just a couple of weeks ago.Next week I am headed for my last trip of the year, going up to the 49th state. This time I will be heading to Cordova. I was there once for about 22 hours a couple of years ago. This time I will be there for about a week. Even though I will be doing a similar function as what I did on Kauai, in Cordova I am the fourth in line to push a button. And that's if everything goes to %^$# really quick. So it should be a fairly easy tour of duty, other than to endure colder teamps and the strong possibility of snow and ice. But it could be my last trip up to Alaska so I will do what I can to enjoy it. Maybe even drive up from Anchorage to Wasilla to see the hometown of a former vice presidential candidate? Anything is possible. But to help fight the cold I will bring along pics I took while in Hawaii. This should help bring the temps up a wee bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment