Sunday, February 8, 2009

A river runs through it

No, I am not talking about the movie that came out about 10 years ago. I am talking about the Santa Clara River, a river over 100 miles in length and at its end, runs between Oxnard and Ventura and finally empties out at the Pacific Ocean. Most of the year we see a dry riverbed but with all of the rain the past couple of days, there is actually water flowing through. I noticed this as I was driving over it on the 118. It's kinda nice to se the water flow. It is also nice to see and hear and experience the rain. It has been a nice steady rain, no real hard downpour. Just enough to get the streets wet, and maybe, just maybe, some of this water will get absorbed on the ground and not run off straight to the ocean. I did have to unclog my drain spout coming off the roof on Friday. It had been clogged by some of those seed-nut like things that fall off from the big tree right next door. I had tried to keep it clean of leaves all year but I wasn't able to see those things in the drain until too late. Thank goodness the drain snake worked and I was able to clear the clog. In the mean time I will enjoy the sounds and sights of the rain.

No comments: