Monday, February 2, 2009

Facebook

I broke down and joined the masses in getting a Facebook account. Some people from work had it and kept talking about it a lot, and despite my claims over the past few weeks that I would never get on Facebook, I did. So far it has been good. I have exchanged a few emails from friends I had in high school. I can now get more updates on friends from different parts of the country. Instead of having to send individual emails to keep in touch, I can just go to people's facebook pages and see what's new with them. I even found a friend from my volleyball playing days who moved out of the state - she now lives in West Virginia! One huge advantage being on Facebook is that I am able to check it while at work. I can't check my personal email at work, and being on facebook allows me to contact people while at work. OK, that may not be a truly good thing as this is very addictive. I need to practice moderation with Facebook, or pretty soon I will be saying, "Hello, my name is Rafael, and I am a Facebookaholic".

No comments: