Monday, December 24, 2007

For unto us a child is born



For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Let us be a Christmas people and offer, through the witness of our lives, the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ, to a world waiting to be born. Love is born today. Ok, so I didn’t come up with these words but they are good words upon which to reflect and with which I can try to live my life.

I pray that you have a most blessed Christmas season, wherever you may spend it. May it be fun filled yet a safe one. One of the highlights of the season in the 24 hour “A Christmas Story” marathon on TBS. I know that I will watch it at least twice during this time - All I want for Christmas is an “official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and 'this thing' which tells time”. And I am sure that some local TV channel will have some show of a choir (or ten) singing Christmas carols. Who doesn’t like to hear a choir singing Christmas carols? Speaking of Christmas songs, here’s a link to Handel’s Messiah “For Unto Us a Child is Born” in 4 parts. You can try to follow and sing along with it- the notes for all 4 parts are shown! Merry Christmas to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQVQOW1c0DQ

No comments: