Monday, January 26, 2009

What the heck?

Politics doesn't make any sense to me. Growing up I would have to say I was a left of center guy, mostly because I saw the Republicans as the white man's party. Since I'm not of the Caucasian persuasion, I couldn't be a Republican, can I. Also I only thought that one had to be a Republican or a Democrat. I couldn't consider myself a true Democrat since I can't really agree with a lot of their thinking as well. So as I have grown older I now consider myself more on the right side of center, and have been a card carrying member of the GOP for a few years now. But the party has not been making any smart moves recently, especially this past presidential election. So I think I will start to be really open minded about things and just stay independent of these two parties until either one proves to be really caring of this country.

Our new president has shown promise of giving hope to our country. But some of his early moves in his term has really turned me off. I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but how can I when he backs someone, who intentionally forgets to pay his taxes for a few years, to be the secretary of the treasury. He claims that it was an honest mistake, but if he didn't realize it to be a mistake, then he is not smart enough to figure out how to get our economy working again. If he is that smart, then he did deliberately not pay his taxes, which should be enough to disqualify him as a candidate. Guess the chosen one's magic won the senate over as they confirmed this crook to be the secretary, to be in charge of the very same IRS that he cheated on.

Our prez also reversed a decision made by our last prez which stopped funding to groups which allow the killing of innocent babies. Pro choice is the supposed stance. Guess since the babies can't speak yet, they don't have a choice and therefore don't count. He considers the torture of terrorists to be unethical yet allows the killing of innocent babies. Yep, he's an ethical prez all right. I will have to continue to pray for his conversion, as well as that of others who do not see the dangers of their pro choice thinking.

OK, one last thing on politics today. Late last week while flipping through the channels, there were a few so-called news channels sharing their views. I consider these shows to be talk shows and not news, as the hosts just love to hear themselves talk. One channel hd Sean hannity interviewing Rush Limbaugh, the next had larry King interviewing Nancy Pelosi, while a third had Lou Dobbs having a few experts talking about what has happened since the coronation of the nu prez. All I can say is that thank goodness there were basketball games on tv that night.

No comments: